What are the best cosmetic dental procedures for me?
Do you have chipped, cracked, misshapen, uneven, overcrowded, protruding, weak, damaged, stained, or discolored teeth? Are there unsightly gaps between them? Have you lost one or more teeth because of injury, gum disease or tooth decay? Do you have a gummy smile that some people find repulsive? If you have any of these conditions, then you may need a cosmetic dental procedure to improve your smile and your oral health.
Here are the cosmetic dentistry procedures that will be best for you according to your condition.
- Dental crown: If your teeth are weak, damaged or misshapen, this procedure is for you. It involves replacing the natural crown of a weak or damaged tooth with an artificial crown. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap made of metal, ceramic, resin or porcelain fused with metal.
- Enamel shaping: If your teeth are overcrowded, uneven or misshapen, then the enamel-shaping procedure can correct the imperfections instantly. The procedure involves removing a small amount of enamel from the teeth to correct uneven edges, sharp pointed tips, and overcrowding.
- Veneer: If you have yellowish, stained or discolored teeth, or if they are too big or long, then you need veneers. The process involves bonding porcelain veneers or composite resin veneers to the front of the teeth to change their color, shape, size, and length.
- Dental implant: If you have lost one or more teeth because of injury, tooth decay or gum disease, then dental implants can give you replacement teeth that look and feel like your natural teeth. The procedure involves implanting titanium screws — called dental implants — to your jawbone and attaching artificial crowns on top of them.
- Gum reshaping: If you have a gummy smile that people find repulsive, then you can get that fixed by a gum-reshaping procedure. The procedure involves removing excess gum tissue and contouring to expose more teeth.
- Bridges: If one or more of your teeth are missing, then you can go for bridges. The procedure involves placing an artificial (false) tooth in the gap and anchoring it to the two adjacent teeth by placing artificial crowns on them.
- Inlays and Onlays: If your teeth are decayed or damaged, you can have them filled with indirect filings called inlays and onlays. They are made of porcelain, gold or composite materials. They are called inlay if they are bonded to the center of the teeth and outlay if they cover the biting surface.
- Smile makeover: If you want a more beautiful and alluring smile, then a smile makeover may be just what you need. Rather than being a single procedure, it’s a combination of two or more of the cosmetic dental procedures described above to give you the smile you want.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures That Are Right For You
Hopefully, you have found the answer to your question. If not the dental team at Suburban Essex Dental is happy to discuss your questions and concerns further. All the cosmetic dental procedures described above are recommended by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry as safe.
The cosmetic dentists at Suburban Essex Dental, West Orange, NJ have helped hundreds of people of all ages improve their smiles with meticulously planned and executed custom cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Feel free to phone us at 973-669-0500 or go to our contact form today to find out how we can help you improve your smile with one or more of the best cosmetic dental procedures available.